7.23.2011

ch-ch-changes...

I couldn't help but think of the song "Changes" by David Bowie when I started writing this post!  Seriously though, it was just the ch-ch-changes part that kept repeating itself over and over in my head. Nice, huh?!  :)

Anyways, I just learned about some pretty BIG NEWS.  The photographer I've been working with has a major life-change happening in the next couple of weeks. 

Here's the blog post she wrote about it.  

I'm happy for them. 

But I'm sad that Sarah's photography business will have to be put on hold for now.  This also affects me personally since she won't be taking any new photos that I will be able to use in my Etsy shop. And she won't be needing any new props either.  At least not for a while.  Yeah, I'm a wee bit bummed.

So as I process this information, I see that I'm either going to have to figure out a way to set up my own "photo sessions" with local friends who have babies that are willing to be models for me (since my baby is 4 years old) or I'm going to have to stop making mostly baby items and work on primarily kid and/or adult-sized items instead.

I'm leaning toward the latter option.

There are so many items I really enjoy making--fingerless mitts, cowls, scarves, and shawls to name just a few.  I could also focus on designing more and start selling my patterns instead of just selling items.  I do so love sock-knitting too, but would never consider selling hand-knit socks.  (The cost would be about $120 a pair because I use sock yarn which is rather skinny and it takes a lot of time to knit a pair.)  But a sock pattern might be a very real possibility!

Well, have a lovely Saturday y'all!  I'm off to contemplate life, the universe, and new designs!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment