7.31.2012

ravellenic games 2012: 1st event

As I promised in my last post, here's an update on my "events" for the 2012 Ravellenic Games!

My first project to cross the finish line is my Swift Sak!  

Entered in the event WIPS WRESTLING (WIP is the acronym for Work In Progress), I finally finished this project last night at 11:25pm.  The main rule for this event is to work on and finish a project already started, but it must be something that you haven't worked on since May 15, 2012.  I dug out a project that has been hibernating for over a year!  
You can see I left a stitch marker there...that's approximately the point where I had originally stopped working on it.  I really didn't have all that much left to go on the bag itself, but the 54" i-cord was rather tedious to knit!  Despite that, I persevered and got it done! Once the knitting was finished, I just had a few ends to weave in and the i-cord needed to be sewn to the bottom of the bag.  Seeing the end in sight, I kept working last night until it was done! It's a nifty design and I'm thankful to Kris Carlson who designed and shared her pattern. Thanks, Kris!

It's all done now and I'm happy to be using my Swift Sak!  My yarn swift is happy to have it's own little storage/carry bag now too!  Yay!  
So I have finished my first event for the 2012 Ravellenic Games!

Now which project/event to do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment