5.17.2011

mystery knit along: take 2

Part One of the Summer Mystery Shawlette has been posted on Wendy Knits (that's the next section after the Preliminary Info)!

I've been reading the Ravelry discussion board again and found that there was a mistake in the prelim.  Wrong number to cast on!  Of course, for those who have already done the prelim and don't want to start over, there's a relatively easy fix.  But for people like me, who feel that they've chosen the wrong needles (after reading those posts and seeing what experienced lace knitters say about it), it might just be better to start over.  Which is what I've decided to do.  Thankfully, I don't have much to re-do.  And I still should be able to keep up with the others in the KAL (that's the knitting abbreviation for knit-along ☺).  Going to rip it out and start over so I'm using those US6s even though my gauge was way off.  And I'm going to add another repeat.  Since I have 450 yards of my Smooshy yarn, I *think* I should have enough.  And if not, it'll be another lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment