12.19.2012

December: update, news, and a question for you!

I've been busy getting ready for Christmas! Six days to go and I'm not done with all my gift shopping yet, but I will be! I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and celebrating the birth of Jesus, my Savior.

For those of you who follow my Facebook page, my sister-in-law's sale at the end of November went well. I sold a few things and got to see which of my items sold best. I had considered reopening my Etsy shop right away after we got back home--to try and sell the rest of my ready-made items so folks could give them as gifts--but it didn't work out due to my very busy homeschooling schedule.

Since then I've had an idea work its way into my brain...to do an "occasional sale" with my Etsy shop. {I got the idea from a little home decor shop I know of that is only open for a day or two every few months.}

How it might work: when I have ready-made items to sell, I send out advance notice on Facebook and here on the blog stating the dates for the sale. I would open shop for a weekend and sell what I can in that time. I'd ship all the items out on the Monday after the sale and close shop until the next sale. So instead of having to watch my shop like a hawk--which is a huge distraction to me, I could just take one weekend every so often to focus on selling the items I've made.


So....what do you think of the idea?
Is it pure genius? Or just plain crazy?

Leave me comment here or on my Facebook page to let me know...yay or nay?

No comments:

Post a Comment