11.20.2010

plans and pictures

I've been talking with my business manager...i.e. my hubby.  I think somewhere in our discussion of the pros and cons of getting started now as opposed to waiting until after the year's end, I decided it will be best to wait until January 1, 2011 to open shop. That will give me a chance to get more items ready made (and ready to ship!) and time to consider possible options like whether I'm going to do custom work to start or wait until I have enough $ from sales to be able to purchase a bunch of the same yarn(s) in a variety of colors. And this way, it won't interfere with our holiday season {except for all the knitting I'll be doing}.

But to give a little preview of my work and what I'm making, I'm going to start posting photos of some of the items I've made.  
Elvish stripes hat


Baby Bomber hat






Thanks to Beyond Ordinary Photography by Sarah for the beautiful baby photos!

Did I mention that I'm still test knitting (and crocheting) and I haven't yet settled on what yarns I intend to use?  The hats in these two photos were made with Red Heart Super Saver yarn.  {The photographer, Sarah, whom I made these for had some of this yarn on hand herself and asked me to use it.}  I personally do not like Super Saver.  It's a very scratchy, plastic-y acrylic yarn.  But I must admit, despite my yarn snobbery, the hats turned out very cute and they look great in her photos.  The brown bomber hat was a tad miss-sized, so I've done a remake for her and am looking forward to seeing how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment