1.05.2011

new yarn on order!

I just ordered more yarn!  I'm so excited!  I've bought a few new-to-me yarns to try out.  Looking for a few good yarns (that won't cost me an arm and a leg!) to use on a regular basis here.  Hope I may have found some good ones! 


Sarah tested out my roll brim hat (boring name, I know!) and another baby pod I made.  Here's a couple photos of the little beauty she photographed with them.

roll brim hat {with little lulus flower clip} and baby pod


I love how the Little Lulus clip makes the hat a bit girlier.  So cute!  Makes the hat a tad more versatile too.  Without the clip, a baby boy could wear it and would look super cute. Add a lovely little flower clip like this one and it's also perfect for a girl! 

Anyways, last night I started working on a lace wrap (infant photo prop).  I've seen some lacy baby wraps on Etsy and thought they were adorable.  So I decided to go ahead and make one myself without a pattern.  It's very basic and a pattern isn't really needed--just a little test knitting to determine how many stitches to cast on. I like how mine looks already.  I do think these look so sweet with the baby's toes or fingers peeking through the lace, so I'm hoping it turns out nice.  This first one is going to be mine to keep as a sample, but I bought 2 more balls of the same kind of yarn so I can make some to sell too.  I'll get some photos of it posted when it's done!

1 comment: