1.04.2011

new year update

It's January.  Time is flying!  I've been busy during Christmas break, but haven't made as many items as I had hoped.  I'm still waiting for feedback from Sarah on a bunch of items I've made--it's hard to make more of the something if you're not sure which size works best!  

But, despite the set-backs, I am just a tad closer to opening shop now.  It's a bit overwhelming--all the little details that I want to have in order before I begin selling my hand knit items on Etsy.  But it's slowly coming together piece by piece.

One rather large piece in place now is that I have a federal tax ID.  And I plan on opening a business checking account later this week too.  I still have to finish designing and print out my business cards, determine shipping costs, set up my shop policies, and about a hundred other things.  Not to mention make more items to sell!

It's a lot of work, but I believe it's going to be worth it.

Of course, what's a blog post without a photo?  So here's a little hat I made for my newest baby niece.  Isn't she a doll?!

black knit hat with crochet rosebuds
Happy New Year from perfectioKnits!

No comments:

Post a Comment