4.13.2011

seeking inspiration

We're getting close to Easter now.  I'm guessing that not very many more orders will come in for my bunny hats, but I still have a few ready-made and for sale on Etsy. It'll be nice if they find new homes before the season is over.

Although there are quite a few other baby props I could be making--cocoons, baby bowls or pods, jester hats, pompom hats, bomber hats--not very many of them are appropriate for spring and summer.  So I've started looking for ideas and inspiration for new items I can make that are better suited for spring & summer. 

I'd like to design some new fingerless mitts for spring.  I think using different color(s), length(s), and texture(s) would not only add variety but may interest a wider range of customers too.  I also think I might like to try making some lightweight scarves, cowls, or even shawls too.  I could use some ideas for baby or child items too.

I'd love your input, suggestions, ideas, inspiration.
Let me know what you think in the comments!
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you could design your own take on the baby headband with flower or bow. That's the first thing that came to my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a good idea! and it's something i hadn't considered yet either. thanks!

    ReplyDelete